Friday, December 20, 2013

A Finished Guy Quilt

I decided to make a lap quilt for my dad a few months ago.  It took me a long time to find an appropriate fabric that would fit his style.  I was excited to find the Retro Riders line from Windham. He really likes that particular shade of orange . It was discontinued but I was able to still find fat quarters and yardage from different online shops. The inspiration for the layout was from the manufacturer's website. I planned on using that pattern without any changes but found that the specs were off when I started cutting
and so had to modify it.  I ended up really liking the changes. I backed it with a nice gray flannel from Maywood, it has such a nice feel. My dad really likes it and keeps it on the seat in his truck. So that makes me happy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment